I seriously debated whether or not to add this recipe to my blog. Garlic Lemon Potatoes is so easy to make. But since so much of enjoying food is eating with your eyes, I decided this recipe needed a few photos to show off the yummy goodness.
To make them, simply quarter up some Yukon Gold potatoes, add a light dressing (see recipe below), and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Add a bit of fresh parsley and even more lemon if desired. That’s it!
Two things I strongly recommend for this recipe: The first, use Yukon Gold potatoes, or other similar creamy-style potatoes. Don’t use Russet Potatoes…too starchy. The second, skip the ketchup. These potatoes are mean to be served as a side dish for meat or fish, and not as french fries. Something to try…enjoy it with Greek-style Lamb Burgers and a salad.
- 3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about one lemon)
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet (I use 17x13) with foil.
- Combine all ingredients, except potatoes, in a small bowl.
- Quarter the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add in the dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden brown.